Saturday, December 13, 2008

Youth from ground zero 3

So I went to an all church Victory Church Christmas party last night. It was Pat & Ray's house, a beautiful acreage covered in lights! It had a beautiful horse and carriage of lights, light trees, Santa and his reign deer, snow men and buildings all of light! A veritable winter wonderland right here in Florida. The back yard was set up like a perfect entertaining venue, with a covered gazebo for serving the food, a deck with a fireplace and propane heaters. The yard was beautifully manicured with wooded paths trees and shrubs, again all covered in lights. Then by the deck and the house there was a rustic pond with a bubbling fountain. It looked like I had stepped out of civilization and into a beautiful rustic mountain land.

So did I have fun? Oh and I forgot to tell you of the food! We had weeny roast and marshmallows, we had chili and enchiladas, salads and potatoes, casseroles and all kinds of pot luck goodies. It was probably one of the best spreads that I have ever had the pleasure to indulge in.

So, did I have fun? Did I enjoy myself? Well that is really not the question. A big part of youth ministry is fellowshipping or for a more real term, having fun with not only your youth but also their families. Networking, that is really what I am talking about! Connecting with people in your church is vital. They are your support, your leaders, your funding. Basically your ministry too! If you neglect the rest of your church you are an island and you will not prosper.

THRIVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Youth Ministry BlogsPowered By Ringsurf