Monday, September 14, 2009

"Embrace the poop"

"Embrace the poop" As I am driving home from picking up my favorite son from school, incidentally he is my only son. I can't help but enjoy being a parent. Every once in a while I will look back to see him wince a bit and when asked if he is OK he says I'm OK daddy. I know that his tummy hurts so I again ask if he is OK or does he have to poop and he says "I'm dood" I continue our poop conversation for the next few miles letting him know why we have to poop and how often. I tell him to "embrace the poop" and he repeats, "embrace the poop?" I laugh. I know I am just being silly but it is times like these that remind me how awesome of a responsibility it is to be a parent. We have been given a huge mandate to raise these little ones up to be leaders, and examples themselves. Remember that there is always someone watching you so try to take your mandate seriously.

Rod Mock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Youth Ministry BlogsPowered By Ringsurf